Among the priorities of the Galen Cole Family Foundation, the first and foremost priority is to maintain the Cole Land Transportation Museum, which houses a collection of Maine’s land transportation history, along with associated equipment, artifacts, and displays from which this and future generations may gain a lasting appreciation of the early pioneers of the state.
The Galen Cole Family Foundation also seeks to help the people of Maine by whatever means to attain their potential as human beings, members of society, and citizens. Of primary importance to the Foundation is lifting the aspirations of children, particularly those from financially distressed families.
The Cole Foundation currently offers support to:
- Scholarships at UMaine, Husson and EMCC
- The University of Maine Reading Recovery Program
- Literacy Volunteers of Bangor
- Bangor YMCA Youth camps and athletics
- Bangor Adult Education
- Good Shepard Backpack food program
- Girl Scouts of Maine
- Bangor Boys and Girls Club
- Cliff Vining Memorial Scholarship
- Local youth athletics