This week’s “Museum Feature of the Week”, is our Excelsior Motorcycle! This motorcycle, built in 1915 was purchased in Limestone, Maine in 1916. Restored in 1980 it was donated to the museum in 2000. It’s 61 cubic inch V-twin motor produced 7.5 HP.
The Excelsior Supply Company of Chicago produced motorcycles from 1907-1931. In 1911 Excelsior was purchased by the Schwinn Bicycle Company and along with Indian and Harley, became the top three motorcycle makers in the United States.